Friday, September 15, 2006

Sonja - my new travel mate from Darwin


On August 2nd 2006 Dirk flew back to Sydney. I had to find a new travel mate for the rest of my trip around Australia. I fixed some ads in several hostels in Darwin and then there was a German girl, Sonja, who started talking to me in the Gecko Lodge where we stayed in the carpark. She asked me why I wasn't going to the East coast because she had planned to go there. I told her that I have already visited the East coast twice. We chatted for a while and were feeling quite comfortable with each other. Around two hours later she decided to travel with me to Western Australia. She payed Dirk some money and now owns a seventh part of Hazel Quince. As I was going to do some wwoofing (= willing work on organic farms) work on a flower farm in Howard Springs (35 kms out of Darwin) Sonja called the farmers and asked if she could work, too. They said yes and the next day we dropped Dirk off in town, said goodbye to him and drove to the farm together. On the photo you can see how we decorated our kombi with the sorted out flowers from the farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home