Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cigdem's arrival in Melbourne and my backpacker special present


I got up at 6 am to pick up Cigdem at the airport. First thing we did was having breakfast in Brunswick in a small cafe. Then we checked in a caravan park in Coburg - a suburb of Melbourne.
The following two night we stayed in a backpacker hostel in St. Kilda to be closer to town and explored the city. We visited Brunswick, Richmond, Fitzroy, St. Kilda, the city centre and some museums, e.g. the National Gallery of Victoria. We bought two cowboy hats and wore them a lot. When we went out one night everybody kept on asking us why we were wearing these hats and if we are from the countryside etc.

Cigdem, Kerstin, Flo and Jutta made me a backpacker special advent calendar. From December 12th to 31st I had to fulfill some special tasks like wearing a German accessory a whole day, creaming the back of two strangers with sun lotion, decorating a Christmas tree and some more embarrassing tasks. When I gain 20 points I will get a present when I come back to Germany. Because I didn't have my own laptop with me and we couldn't use a computer every day I still have two more days to fulfill five more tasks before Cigdem is finally leaving Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home