Sunday, January 07, 2007

Adelaide, the Barossa Valley and nearby sights


My second visit to Adelaide wasn't much nicer than my first one. I'm just not really impressed about the city. For me there is no atmosphere there.
Stewart played golf in the Barossa Valley and I visited some vineyards and tried some really fantastic Barossa wines. I also visited Bethany, the first German settlement of the Barossa Valley, a lookout of the valley and a German bakery and butchery :-) I had a really nice day with good wines, nice views and some good German goodies like Vollkornbrot, Bienenstich and Leberkaese.
Close to the Barossa Valley Stewart and me visited the Herbig Tree, where a German family lived in from 1855-1860. Unbelievable how they can live in a small tree like this.

In the afternoon we visited the family Clezy in One Tree Hill. The Clezys lived in the same house in Wullenstetten where I lived from 1995-1997. They are an Australian family with eight kids and we had a BBQ in their garden. I really enjoyed the time we spent with them because they were so welcoming without even knowing us and we also played cricket there.
The next day we drove through Hahndorf and had a Weizen in the local pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home