Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My birthday at the Ningaloo Reef


In the morning we went snorkelling in Lakeside and saw beautiful fish. I also saw my first shark :-) but he was away really fast. Near the water refilling station we saw heaps of emus. The baby emus came really close to us because they wanted to drink some water. So we could shoot some nice photos of them. We drove to a beach outside the National Park where there should be heaps of turtles mating in the ocean. Unfortunately we only saw one turtle, might be that we walked in the wrong direction. On our further way to Exmouth we saw the brumbies again. We gave them some carrots. In the afternoon we did a whale watching tour. We saw some humpback whales that were far away. One whale was jumping out of the water quite close to us. We got prawns and champagne on the cruise. In the evening we went to an Italian restaurant in Exmouth and had dinner there. The next day I was snorkelling and could touch a turtle while swimming :-) On the way between Exmouth and Coral Bay I saw my birthday greeting on the street...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home